Strangled
OH, Mama. You are
about to lose your mind – or your patience, or your cool – maybe all three at
once.
Why, you ask? As you
sit here on what should be a normal Monday morning, Benjamin is currently
whining in his broken record way about “My fork! My fork! MYYY FOOOORRRRKKKKKKK!”. Being the fork (or in the case, forks) he
shoved through what once was a tiny hole in the window screen, but is now fork
sized. The forks are now on the other
side of the window, thus rendering them useless for entertainment. Never mind for eating the “mac and
CHEESE! Mac and CHEEEESSSSEEEEEEE!”
which he wanted not mere minutes ago.
Not to mention said hole in said screen was made fork sized
by the current set of forks being shoved through. Say what you will about the wild man, he was
never this deliberately – or gleefully – destructive. Only Benjamin.
And why are the windows open on this balmy morning? Oh, because during the 30 seconds you took to
use the bathroom, Sam decided to also use the bathroom. In the house.
Mercifully on the tile (not his usual mode de employ). But at least you’d be able to easily clean up
your own vomit after you cleaned up his mess.
Mama can stomach just about anything - but she draws the line at dog
poop. Maybe its because its because I'm stymied by the stench.
So much that Mama called Dad with a warning: “If you come home to a dog corpse, just know I strangled him with
my bare hands.” And I wouldn’t be
sorry. Not really. I might even use my best Joey-I-just-ate-your-dessert voice when I say, "I'm not even sorry!"
Not when Andy’s refused to do school work, not when its
11:30 before I eat something besides a handful of cereal, not when I can’t take
the time to use the bathroom without it all going downhill. Not when all I’ve heard all bloody morning,
from one child or another, is “Mama!
Mama! MAMA! MAAAAA-MMMAAAAAAA!” For the love! I am only one tiny woman! (How many Friends references can I work into this post?)
Its alright. I remind
myself its alright. Its not how I want
it to be, but its alright. I will eat
some chocolate chips, take a deep breath, and attempt to not harm these
creatures – be they two or four legged – who love me.
Labels: Andy, Benjamin, homeschool, motherhood

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home