Thursday, February 6, 2014

Andy reads

Andy is a genius.  As a proud Mama, I reserve the right to make this proclamation.

He's doing wonderfully in kindergarten, soaking it all in.  Coming home with all sorts of new information.

And reading.  Half-way through kindergarten, and he is officially reading at a first-grade level.  He's reading words like "overflowed" and "intestine."  What kindergarten kid needs to know the word intestine?  He can read just about anything, its amazing.  And the speed at which he reads has dramatically improved over the last few months, I just can't believe it.  I'm so proud of him.  My face hurts from smiling.

He loves school.  He loves learning, he loves feeling proud of himself after he's accomplished something.

My big boy.  How did we get here so fast?  Wasn't it just yesterday you were this wide-eyed, spikey haired baby, jabbering away at me all day?  And now, you are reading everything and anything.  Let's just stay here and enjoy this for awhile before you hurry on to the next milestone, please!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home