Super duper
Ever a flair for the dramatic, when Elizabeth doesn't get her way (which happens a lot when you are four-years-old and want to lay in Mama's bed with blankies and paci, watching movies and drinking a never ending supply of milk all day), she hurls a new tool in her arsenal my way. Through the biggest alligator tears she can muster and with all the sadness and disappointment she can find, she tells me that I have, in fact, "hurt her feelings super duper bad." I almost fall for it; she is extremely convincing that her life is over since I will not let her wear the dirty purple shirt for the third day in a row.
I feel I need to qualify a little something. Super duper is a big deal in our house. You might say it is a super duper big deal. (Too far?)
When things are going swimmingly, we are having super duper a lot of fun. She loves me super duper much, and I am the best super duper Mama.
And just like that, she can flip the switch and turn our super duper fun into a super duper big puddle of tears.
Oh, this girl. I love you so super duper much I can scarcely super duper believe it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home