Sleep
Oh, sleep. You elusive ... just realized I don't know what things are elusive. Oh well.
Sleep. How I love it. How I miss it. My college roomies can testify to how much I like my sleep and more importantly, how much nicer I am when I get my necessary 9 hours. Its safe to say its been about 4 years since that's happened. In the long run, I know my two kiddos are worth way more than a good night's sleep (give or take 1200) but ...
I realize no one wants to read about my sleep deprivation. But my kids. Andy, my champ sleeper (outside of the first 12 weeks of his life. During those early days, I didn't think he'd ever sleep. Translation: I didn't think I'd ever sleep again) is going through some kind of transition. He's not napping. So by 4pm, he's bouncing off the walls in delirum. Dinner involves a lot of crying. Bathtime is a new form of water torture. So he's in bed by 7pm. Or 7:30p if he can make it and he's asleep within seconds so I know he's over-tired. The biggest flaw in this scenario is the wake-up time. We're talking 6:30am people. This doesn't work for me. Not only do I need him to nap so I can have a few minutes of quiet, but clearly, he still needs a nap. I've tried everything I can think of but to no avail. So any tips, please send my way.
Elizabeth still sporadically wakes up during the night. Not every night but enough that I'm not surprised when I hear her cry in the wee hours. She does nap for two glorious hours everyday so no complaints there. And she loves her bed. Jabs her little finger in its direction when she's ready to get in it. Jumps around her crib in delight after she wakes up.
Yawn.

1 Comments:
Sleepy-time tea a lunch for Andy. Maybe bedtime for Lizzy Boo. Cuban coffee in morning for Mama. That's all I got.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home