Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Conversation starters

Oh, Andy.  He just gets funnier and funnier.

At breakfast one morning last week, he looks at me across the table and says, "Mom (he always calls me Mom when its something serious), now that I'm done with my juice, I need to talk to you."

Given that Dada had given him juice hours ago when he left for work, I'm wondering what this big talk is going to be about.  And why it had to wait until after he finished his juice. 

"OK, buddy."

"I need to talk to you about a stranger.  (pause for effect)  Buzz Lightyear!"

Andy went on to explain that the stranger, Buzz Lightyear, was coming to visit him.  That he was going to play with him.  Maybe fly. 

Evidently, strangers coming to visit is not a conversation topic you have over juice.  Its more suited to a bowl of bunches of boats with black raisins.  In the bowl with the cereal.  In a red bowl, like Mama uses. 

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 1, 2011 at 10:28 PM , Anonymous Nana said...

Oh, I can hear his little voice intonation. I can hardly type for laughing...........

It's about time he had an imaginary friend. Of course, his would fly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home