Friday, March 11, 2011

Quack quack

Elizabeth is quacking.

When she sees a picture of a duck, she quacks.  Its more of a grunt or honk than a fully formed quack, but its a quack none-the-less.  She's done it a few times recently when she's seen a picture of a duck, so I know that's what it is and I'm not channeling Rachel (lots of FRIENDS refs today) grasping at straws about my child's verbal skills.

Dada takes the kids on lots of walks and quacks at the ducks - its so realistic, the ducks come to check it out - so Elizabeth has picked up her quacking skills from him. 

I'll have to get it on video.  Reminds me of Andy's grunting sound for Sam when he was a small tyke.

But let me go on record saying that her first word is NOT "quack, quack."  It hurt my Mama pride enough that Andy's first word was "ball."  Her's just can't be "quack, quack!"

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home