Monday, January 2, 2012

2011

Its official; the fact that I'm this surprised that another year has gone must mean I'm officially old.  That kind of nostaligia stuff only happens to the seniors. 

But here I am.  Looking back on another year and looking ahead to the coming year.  Serious old people behavior. 

Some of the best parts of 2011 have been the insignficant moments in our everyday life.  Watching Andy and Elizabeth become friends and learn how to play together is at the top of this list.  As are the little things that make our family ours; those silly things we do that are unique to us.  Like Dada's fake cry that's more high-pitched scream than boo hooing.  However he manages to make this noise, doesn't matter.  Andy thinks its about the funniest thing ever.  Andy starts whining; Dada fake cries and Andy's whining turns into an all-out belly laugh.  For those that haven't heard Andy laugh, you need to.  Its the epitome of the little boy, starts in his belly but laughs with every cell of his being iconic laugh.  To say its infectious is not to do it justice.  A child's laughter is music to every mother's ears, but Andy's laugh is truly magic.  During this exchange, Elizabeth looks from Mama to Andy to Dada to see what's going on, trying to determine if she should be laughing too. 

Or the voices.  Say something in a funny voice and it usually distracts them from any less desirable behavior.  Andy's starting to do his own voices.  His are always deep voices which requires him to dip his chin into his chest to produce the sound.  Mama doesn't stand a chance with this one; watching that little helmet head try to speak deeply is just plain funny. 

For posterity's sake, I never finished this post, but figured I should publish it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home