Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Its potty time!

Ala: its party time!

Props to the mama who first tried the bare bottom method of potty training.  This may be the way we go with the Wildman.  He had a few misses yesterday, but Mama had him mopping the floors.  Regardless, the pressure is on.  Two months until the first day of preschool (not that I'm counting) and this kid has to be potty trained by then.  We both need him to go to preschool. 

Lizzy Boo, I have a feeling she's going to be a different story when it comes to potty training.  So like a girl, she already doesn't like to be dirty.  Once for me and once for my mom, she's alerted us to her stinkiness.  After witnessing her do her business, she came up to me, pointed to her diaper and pointed in the direction of her room.  When I asked if she needed a diaper change, off she went to her room.  Brilliant.

And less brilliant but more funny, Elizabeth likes to sit on the potty.  But she needs to be totally naked to do it.  I try to trick her and only take her shorts off, but she yanks at her diaper and shirt, grunting and yanking until I take them off. 

They're both rewarded for their success with a jelly bean (M&Ms weren't working.  Mama was eating all of them).  Not the safest food for an 18 month old, but I fear for my life if I don't give her one, so strenuous is her sqwack that I'm afraid she's about to burst an artery.  I can't imagine the tantrum and so I cave.  Its only a jelly bean.  I choose to ignore the life lesson I'm teaching: pitch a fit until you get what you want.  Considering the breadth and depth of her temper, I may want to reconsider my approach.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home