Monday, April 25, 2011

Snickers

I'm not talking about the candy bar.  Nor am I talking about the snorts of laughter than accompany much of what my first born says.  Mothers everywhere think their child could be the star of that old TV show "Kids say the darndest things" or whatever.  That was a bit before my time.  But I can appreciate the concept because Andy says some pretty funny stuff.

The Easter bunny brought him a new pair of Crocs to Nana's house yesterday.  (Side note - better than the el cheapo Easter bunny that visited our house, bearing dollar store finds and a new sippy cup).  Andy's feet have scarcly been without those Crocs.  Or should I say, his snickers.

Andy noticed yesterday that our neighbor was wearing his snickers.  "Hey Nate!  You wearin your snickers?"

I remember a conversation between me and my eldest a few weeks ago wherein I tried to explain the difference in the genre of tennis shoes, branching into the territory of sneakers.  "Oh, sneakers" he said, filing it away for later.

That's somehow morphed into Crocs being called "snickers."

I'll let Andy explain.  If you listen closely, you can hear Elizabeth's yelps in the background.  She evidently wanted to answer the question I was asking her brother.  Or "ba BA" as he's known around our house these days.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At April 25, 2011 at 9:05 PM , Anonymous Nana said...

The Easter Nana, you meant!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home