Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Andy says ...

Oh, the funny things a preschooler says. I know I'm not the only mother who thinks their child is funny, but here are some recent samplings.

"What'd you say?" with the distinguishable Andy-lilt to his voice and an Elvis-like lip curling.

"Come on, amigos" courtesy of Go Diego Go. As is "I'm a rescuer" and "I want to rescue like Diego!"

"That's crazy!" Unsure of the genesis of this one, its possibly come from "that's silly!"  But sometimes, things are "vewy crazy!"

"1, 2, 3, blastoff!"  Followed by furious feet. 

Gramma's teaching him "later, gator" and "afterwhile crocodile."

He's learning the fine art of the knock, knock joke. Lydia will be happy as she loves a good knock, knock joke.

And then there are the whys. He's come to the age where he asks "why?" about everything. It is as exasperating as they make it out to be. Mama tricks him; he asks "why?" I ask "Why not?" and he's derailed answering himself with "because ..." and although he never finishes the thought, he's at least moved off the why.

I just laugh at him sometimes.  Its not always what he says, but how he says it; its the reason I have hours of everyday moments on video, so I'll always be able to hear that voice.  He has the most precious little boy voice, even at 6:45am when it serves as my wake-up call.  And it amazes me that as long as those eyes are open, the mouth is going.  And even sometimes in his sleep.  When I check on him before I turn in, he'll sometimes mutter as I kiss his head and he turns over.  Some sweet baby whispers from behind that paci.  I'm already sad about the day he outgrows his little boy voice.  For anyone that has a little boy voice they love, you understand my sadness.  There's just so much caught up in that little voice.  Innocence and sweetness; the promise of a future, shiny and bright, untarnished by this world.  Wonderment and amazement at almost anything.  There's no derision, no disdain, no ugliness in a little boy voice.  Only goodness. 

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At January 29, 2011 at 10:26 PM , Anonymous Nana said...

And a sweet pure love for their momma. Ahhh, I dream of days-gone-by. I love my little grand boy, now boys, so. They are such a promise of all that is good and right. Oh, my wild man.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home